Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Intro

There's been a blog revolution! Everyone and their best friend is interested in starting one! Well, not really -- I just have enjoyed reading a friend's and felt a little extra motivated to start one myself. I'd been toying with the idea for a while. I originally wanted to make a blog where I'd write about the stories of games I've been playing, so that I can look back on them down the road to remember them fondly (?). I also had the idea to create a blog and write short stories about the varying day dreams I'd space out into. I also thought it might be fun to do it for normal dreams, but those usually fade away shortly after waking up, so those would be easier to track with a small journal and pen near the bed. Then I thought it might also be enjoyable to write about my day to vent frustrations, share pleasantries, spew anxieties, and top it all off with those other emotions and daily things.

So, I basically ended up wanting a blog for some many different topics. The problem with it is, however, that writing good, quality posts can be very time consuming (and rewarding)! As it stands now, I am really inefficient with my time. I've been sort of upset about my schedule this week -- lots of classes and work to do. Amusingly enough, I find myself doing nothing productive when I do have free time. Why is this? Is it because I have so many options to choose from and can't decide which would be the most fun? "Option A may be less fun than option B... What if option C is even better than both of those? But option C might take me a while to get into and I'd have to move out of the chair and get set up at the TV.. So then I can just go for option A or B while I'm here, but I might have more fun with C despite the effort I need to put into it." It's a bit of a funundrum. Heh, heh...

So, what have I been up to lately? Nothing fantastic, really. I started my pharmacy courses and practicum, along with my interpersonal communications class. Again. I probably won't write about that, but I really shouldn't be taking this class again -- I'll just leave it at that. I think one of the things that has me feeling pretty good lately is that I managed to pick up a PSP Go on the cheap recently. Combined with the new firmware stuff going on, I have a very portable little gadget loaded up with all my games! No need to bring all my discs around when I'm out and about or traveling.


Transferring data back and forth. Forever.

While I didn't get a black one, the white itself is pretty nice. I kind of would like to get a black one down the road because black electronics are just so sleek and smart, but white is pretty professional and clean. It's not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be to play, either. While it's not as solid as the normal model, it's not a bad change. My personal favorite about it is that, with the addition of bluetooth, you can use a PS3 controller to play your PSP games. Suddenly, it's much more comfortable to control whatever I might be playing! But, this causes another problem to arise: where do you put the system itself when you're holding the controller? I think the whole controller-usage feature is better suited for when your system is connected to the TV, but it's not bad when playing it by itself. 

I've spent a good chunk of time playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 on the handhelds lately; it really brings me back to multiple good times in my life. From what I've played, the story and characters are probably my favorite of the entire "Universe" series (four games total now), and it is very packed with features. Story mode, loads of missions, tons and tons of weapons, skills, armors, room decorations, et cetera. Combine all this with a free (!) online multiplayer component, and you have a great combination to win my heart over. I could spend hours and hours playing with other people, especially friends. I've been enjoying a fair amount of multiplayer time with my broseidon, Mogs. It's a really enjoyable thing for me right now, because I can just kick back and play the game without any stress or worries -- we just go on missions and kill everything we meet (usually). After a mission, we might say something amusing online and then move on to the next. It works really well for me, because it's just so lighthearted and I often find myself chuckling at some of the inane things we do. Telling each other "Congratulations!" when we get stuck in a trap, things like that. Even though the Phantasy Star games have been lacking for some lately, I will always hold it in a special place and enjoy them.


Mogs holds on to the fan desperately for his own safety.

I kind of regret not getting a second copy for my wonderful girlfriend while it was on sale, because I wasn't sure if she'd have enjoyed it or not. I think I should just make some sort of rule to myself where I always get a second copy for her to play (almost) no matter what. Having her around for games pretty much always makes them better (except for some when she likes to take minutes upon minutes sorting through inventory, or fiddling with her mic, or controls, or.. maybe this wasn't such a good idea). Actually, I don't mind waiting for this things, now that I think about it. What I don't like is my own lack of time, the interruptions that happen around my house, and how tired I feel by the end of the day. I'm glad she puts up with those things, haha. (She also puts up with me making a lot of seriously stupid faces.)

Speaking of the end of the day... I'd like to write more about the week, what I've been doing, what I'd rather be doing, what I plan on doing, and so on, but it's getting late.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I completely forgot that you said you had me messing around with the fan. Made me giggle.

    Good luck in going forward with this; I hope your blog brings you the same amount of satisfaction mine's done for me. Can't wait to read it as it grows~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good first post, Kaseius.

    Funundrum, ha! That actually made me chuckle, curse your clever play on words! If only you were that good with words in Words with Friends, WABAM!

    I'm trying lately to keep all my sorting and inventory stuff towards points of the game that will inconvenience you the least, like, after you sign off, lol. If we have a big session, we'll have to break for five, ten minutes, and you can stretch your legs or snack while I do inventory XD As for the mic... deal wid it. It's fixed now... hopefully.... :/

    Being with you is never 'putting up' with you. And I enjoy those stupid faces.... mostly. ;p

    Can't wait to read more posts! Keep 'em up when you have the time. <3

    ReplyDelete