Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MADNESS.

Finally finished an ending to Fallout: New Vegas, after owning it for about three months. In a way, I'm kind of glad it's over and that I can say I've beaten it, but I'm also left feeling sort of down because of that fact. I'd be lying if I didn't say that New Vegas and I didn't have a rough start together. She promised me a great time and lots of friends said she was a wild ride worth checking out at least once. Once we got started, though, she seemed pretty apathetic about the whole ordeal! She moved slow, didn't sound as nice as her older sister, Fallout 3, and just really didn't quite draw my eye like I was expecting. Even after we'd spent some time together, we still had a couple rough spots here and there. Random decisions she didn't want to play with me anymore, bizarre bugs that would make any normal man raise an eyebrow, and just an all around different feel than what I was looking for.

However, after our long trip together, I realized she had really started to grow on me. Underneath all that grit and dirt, all those problems was a perfectly fine experience that was brought down by her few problems. She has character, despite that whole taking forever to show it to me business. With so many quests, ways to tackle the quests, ways to avoid the quests, ways to talk to people, ways to not talk to people, ways to kill people, ways to walk this way oh wait no what is she doing stop why are you running that direction those are monsters over there and now she's dead. Really, though, I'm looking forward to possibly digging into that world some more down the road, and might even revisit it sooner than I planned -- a new, differently built character sounds like it could be a lot of fun, especially if I take the world on from a whole new perspective.

I did enjoy it after all!
Considering making a post talking about CE versions of games, what goes into making an LP, possibly some other stuff. Too tired for more. Later!

1 comment:

  1. .... Should I be jealous?

    Lol, glad you had some fun with F:NV, for all its ups and downs.

    Reading about your thoughts on CEs and making LPs will be interesting, I'm looking forward to those posts!

    ReplyDelete